Sunday, May 3, 2015

Moments from today

David has figured out some new ways to build with the Magnatiles. When I asked him this morning how he had made his tower, he showed me, step by step, with clear demonstrations and accompanying verbal instructions.

When we arrived at a playground with an enormous climbing structure that David has only been to once before (last summer), I asked David if he wanted to go explore it all on his own, or if he wanted me with him. He said “all on my own.” And he meant it.

At Lookout Farm, David summoned the courage to enter the big and loud bouncy house, crawled inside, and then screamed at the top of his lungs, “EVERYONE STOP BOUNCING! I’M TRYING TO STAND UP!” It didn’t work, of course; the other 10 kids kept bouncing like crazy. But at least David figured out what he wanted and tried to make it happen.

After hours of running around, we finally got back to the car to drive home. A song came on that David knows from his nap CD. From the back seat, strong protests: “I am NOT tired! I’m awake!” We turned off the music entirely. Less than five minutes later he was sound asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment