Today was my first somersault! My parents let me watch some of the Olympics on television, and I was inspired.
Not that all of the events make sense. For example, during the bike race several of the riders in the middle of the group laid down for a nap, but other riders kept going. Wouldn’t it be better if they all took their naps at the same time?
So I’ve been trying to figure out which events I want to compete in. I’ve been practicing shotput with my toys for weeks now, and I’m getting pretty good. I think water polo would be hard, since I can’t swim. But my favorite is gymnastics. In order to get scores from the judges, the gymnasts sit around looking vaguely worried. I can do that! And when they’re not competing in non-verbal expression of mild anxiety, they get to bounce around and jump in the air and do cool tricks. Like somersaults!
My first somersault was off the couch onto the rug, and my parents were really excited about it. My father called my mother to tell her about it, and she came home and I got lots of extra attention from both of them! It was quite the reward for something that, to be honest, I wasn’t sure I had done correctly.
Hang on, my father wants to make sure I tell you that I’m fine. They know that, papa. If I weren’t fine, I wouldn’t be sitting here typing.
I’m not sure why my father didn’t take photos of my somersault. It was pretty spectacular.
Anyway, tomorrow I’m going to figure out how to use my bouncy seat as a pommel horse.
No comments:
Post a Comment