Wednesday, May 9, 2012

This is the story of Morrill the Moose

Dear David,
Welcome! This little moose has traveled a long way to come be with you. He started in the dead of winter, up in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. Because he is so small, he needed some help to get through the deep snow. I happened to be around, so one day I put the little moose in my backpack and carried him on skis from an AMC hut to the bottom of Mt. Washington. From there we drove to Hanover, and now he is with you. I hope he will be a good companion! He doesn’t need any food, but he asks that once in a while you and your parents take him back to the White Mountains, via Hanover!
Lots of love,
I

I love the little moose—he’s really tasty! And when I try to sit up with him and fall over sideways, he’s softer than the arm of my chair. He’s just the right size to hold and swing around. I’ve named him Morrill the Moose.

I’m still not sure what snow is. My parents told me about it on the airplane ride from Florida, but it sounds ridiculous. Still, I’m glad you helped Morrill through the deep snow, because I know what deep is. I’m really glad my papa helped me when the water was deep.

My parents said we should try to come visit you in Hanover this summer or fall while it’s warm, so that Morrill doesn’t get stuck in the deep snow again. And I want to see the White Mountains! I’m going to name the first one I see Morrill the Mountain. Then Morrill the Moose and Morrill the Mountain can be friends.

Until then, here’s two photos of me with Morrill on my 5-month birthday!

Love,
David



No comments:

Post a Comment